Pendragon: Chivalry is Magic
The Earl of Salisbury and vassal to King Uther
Duke Roderick of Salisbury was the ruler of Salisbury and the liege lord of the player knights. Residing in Sarum for a notable portion of the year, his progress takes him around his lands. Duke Roderick was an energetic lord and a passionate follower of the Pendragons. He always mustered to battle when called and was considered an excellent general, having proved himself against the Saxons of the east.
- Did not attend the Conquest of Summerland, as he instead took Sir Amig and present Salisbury claims against the county of Somerset while King Cadwy could not defend his lands.
- Attended the funeral of Sir Gwyllim, and was later elevated to the rank of Earl for the performance of the Salisbury knights at the Battle of Mearcred Creek.
- Assigned the Goblet Knights to garrison duty instead of raiding in Lindsey, setting in motion the chain of events that led to the presentation of Excalibur to King Uther.
- Present at the submission of Lindsey
- His heir, Roland, was born. Rumours of infidelity between his wife and Sir Gwold were disbelieved.
- Led his troops to Frankland under the command of Prince Madoc. Refused to contradict the prince, and ordered his troops to withdraw with the rest of the army.
- Banished Greid from his court for the death of Sir Caelus, and instituted a law banning fights between Salisbury knights with non-rebated weaponry.
- Present at the submission of Duke Gorlois to King Uther.
- Attended the Battle of Lindsey, and witnessed the dance of the Duchess Ygraine
- Besieged Castle Terrabil, and led the charge following the death of Duke Gorlois
- Enters into negotiations with Malahaut to war against King Ælle.
- Suspects betrayal and is captured anyway. Later ransomed back to Salisbury.
- Fights and survives the Battle of St Albans, but dies at the Infamous Feast