Pendragon: Chivalry is Magic
King Uther Pendragon
Lord of the Britains
King Uther is a fierce Warlord, who fought for years to defend Logres, and now his Throne. He does little with his time but refine his battle skill, and it a reasonably committed Christian although he bears great respect for the Pagan faith.
With the death of his brother Aurelius Ambrosius, he is now the King of Logres, and aspires to be High King of Britain.
- Hate (Saxons)
- Recognised his bastard son Prince Madoc ab Uther as his legitimate heir.
- Was persecuting the Irish during the death of Aurelius Ambrosius, returned for his brother’s funeral.
- Appointed King of Logres, but not High King of Britain
- Declared war on and conquered the Kingdom of Bedegraine.
- Declared war on the Kingdom of Summerland. Despite an inconclusive battle, he declared it a victory.
- Awarded Prince Madoc, Sir Gwyllim, Sir Gariant and Sir Liam for liberating the British mine of Nantwich.
- Marched to Malahaut to relieve the besieged knights… or possibly to conquer them. However his forces were ambushed by Saxons and devastated
- Merlin appears and uses his magic to re-invigorate his army, and Uther scores a decisive victory over the saxons.
- Uther pays to knight many squires in order to bolster the ranks of the Logres forces, including Sir Cron, Sir Cynehild, Sir Judicael, Sir Gwold, and Sir Beorhtric
- Defeats King Aelle at the Battle of Meacred Creek.
- Presented Excalibur by Merlin, as retrieved by Sir Liam, Sir Beorhtric, Sir Judicael, and Sir Gariant
- Toured his kingdom to present Excalibur to his more reluctant vassals, especially the Duke of Lindsey
- Sent half his army under the command of Prince Madoc to aid Praetor Syagrius in retaking his kingdom.
- Swore to make Duke Gorlois submit for failing to obey multiple summons.
- Led the forces of Salisbury and Somerset against Cornwall. Accepted submission of Duke Gorlois after prodding from Merlin.
- Defeated the Saxons at the Battle of Lindsey.
- Secured enough votes to attain High Kingship
- Met Duchess Ygraine
- Refused to grant permission for the Cornish forces to leave. When they left without his permission, he swore vengeance.
- Besieged Castle Tintagel in Cornwall
- Following the death of Duke Gorlois, dissolved the position of Duke and declared Cornwall his lands.
- Married Duchess Ygraine
- Banishes Merlin from Britain after the sorcerer kidnaps Ygraine’s newborn son.
- Accused of adultery by Sir Argan, and critically wounded in the subsequent duel. Excalibur is lost.
- Remains gravely wounded, and is not seen by the public
- Healed of his injury due to the ministrations of Nineve
- Leads a counter-offensive against the Saxons marching on St. Albans
- Proves victorious in battle, but poisoned at his victory feast along with most of the Lords of Logres