Pendragon: Chivalry is Magic
Kingdom of the Circle of Gold
The Kingdom of the Circle of Gold is a mysterious Kingdom, told in story and legend throughout of Britain. It does not have one fixed entrance, rather knights riding along the road will find themselves on the heavily wooded path that leads into the Kingdom. People speak of the path that they ride on until they face a challenge or a fork, at which point they decide to compete or turn back.
The Kingdom is ruled by the mysterious King Fallagantis de la Fontaine, who is said to wait at the end of the path to challenge any traveller for a great treasure. However a challenging knight must make it through the challenges alive and ready to face him, which so far none have done.
Those defeated are welcome to rest and enjoy the hospitality of the Kingdom, but will not be allowed to progress onwards. In addition, they must surrender their shield and swear not to use their heraldry for a year less a day as punishment. Otherwise people speak of the faultless hospitality they enjoy there, and more than one landless Knight has chosen to remain as a vassal of King Fallagantis.
In Year 497, seeking reinforcements for Sarum four more knights entered its border. Sir Conlan alone completed the challenge, and slew King Fallagantis to become the King of this Kingdom. Upon doing so, he learned the truth – he was now forever bound to defend this land as Fallagantis was before him, and should he die the monsters inside would be released. His great knights are meant to test those who are coming for worthiness, so that only those who would protect the Kingdom might slay him.
Though he will welcome any of his friends from Logres, Conlan is now cursed to continue the adventure.
- Sir Gwold: Did not pass the first challenge
- Sir Carver: Killed Sir Dorgane, but did not pass the first challenge
- Sir Liam O’Malley: Passed the first challenge, but arrived at a foreboding cliff and chose to turn back
- Sir Judicael: Passed the first and second challenge, but failed to win at the third challenge.
- Sir Carver: Passed the third challenge, but went off the path to the Place of Monsters
- Sir Gariant: Passed the third challenge, but went off the path to the Place of Monsters
- Sir Esme: Passed the third challenge, but went off the path to the Place of Bright Magic
- Sir Conlan: Killed King Fallagantis de la Fontaine and became King of the Kingdom of the Circle of Gold